Hiring a tutor can cost anywhere between $25 to $50+ per session depending on a couple of factors such as tutoring experience, school achievements, formal qualifications in teaching and so on. Hiring a music teachers can be a lot more expensive than hiring an academic tutors as it normally requires years of training and formal qualifications in music study.
How much does tutoring cost?
We looked at 8,000+ tutors who registered on our Tutors Field platform and tutoring costs around $35-40 per session on average.
What are the factors that could affect tutoring cost?
- Education level such as completing a Master or PhD in Psychology
- Years of tutoring experience
- Professional work experience such as accountants or financial advisory
- Achievement in schools such as ATAR 99+ or top 5 in Math C
- Formal teaching experience such as worked as a primary school teacher
- Travel distance, some tutors would charge a travel fee if the student is too far away. Although most tutors would not charge anything if they are close to the student. Using our tutor search tool to find tutors near you could save you some money
- Hiring a tutor through agency would also increase the cost, our platforms Tutors Field or other platforms such as Gumtree allow students to find a tutor without the need of paying the agency. On Tutors Field, you can chat with multiple tutors through a free online chat, ask them questions, share your problems and academic goals before you decide to hire them
- Group tutoring is more affordable than 1-to-1 tutoring, some students would team up with other students to share the cost
How much does tutoring cost by subjects?
- Average high school tutoring – $25 – $50
- Average University tutoring – $35 – $70
- Average music tutoring – $35 – $80
- Average language tutoring – $25 – $50