20 years of ESL teaching to ages from 3 years old to mature aged students.
15 months at Monash University
Now teaching at University of Sydney.
EducationUniversity of Tasmania
2013 - 2016
- Working with Children Check (Reference No.: 22167612, Expiry Date: 12/02/2016)
• Extensive experience in curriculum development for all age groups
• Specialises in teaching and coordinating English literature classes and ESL
• Genuinely passionate and engaging, with a true commitment to learning outcomes
• Committed to teaching critical thinking and integrating technology in the classroom
• Extensive experience working with students, focusing on language and academic needs during transition to tertiary study
• Comprehensive experience in assessment processes that develop the learner
• Employs well-developed behavioural and emotional intelligence to facilitate transformative learning, actively engaging students in the learning process.
• Blends a compassionate, empathic approach with proven professional teaching methodology.
• Applies an individual approach to teaching, even in large classrooms, investing time in building effective relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
• Builds rapport with parents and guardians easily by demonstrating a true commitment to each individual student, listening to their concerns and giving them a sense of involvement.
• Communicates clearly with individuals and groups at all levels and age groups, adopting appropriate communication styles to suit diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
• Develops age-appropriate, multifaceted activities and plans to support curriculum guidelines.
• Assesses learning outcomes and monitors student progress accurately.
• Adaptably teaches children with behavioural and learning difficulties within mainstream classrooms, developing alternative learning activities to meet their needs.
• Proactively seeks professional development opportunities, undertaking courses and programs.
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Betty.
- Kensington, NSW 2033