Rachel’s experience as a performer coupled with her extensive studies, have enabled her to develop a detailed appreciation of performance and vocal craft. While Rachel guides her students to achieve a high level of vocal development, as an experienced performer she is also able to provide a detailed insight into how to deliver a quality vocal performance.
Rachel has taught singing, dancing, acting and piano both in Australia and overseas. She has taught all levels of vocal studies from beginners to tertiary and has the ability to customise teaching to suit an individual student’s needs.
Rachel has performed in professional musicals in Australia, Singapore and London. She made her professional stage debut at age 9 playing Marta von Trapp with Lisa McCunne and Bert Newton in The Sound of Music. At the age of 10, Rachel played the lead role of Annie along side Anthony Warlow in the Australian production of Annie. This experience as a child performer makes the experience she can share with young performers invaluable.
Rachel has gone on to work and study all forms of discipline. She has completed various AMEB, Trinity and RAD exams in Singing, Dancing and Acting. At age 18, Rachel was offered a scholarship to study at LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore, where she graduated with a First Class Honours in Musical Theatre.
Since then Rachel has continued to develop her knowledge of not only performing, but of the entertainment industry itself. Before recently returning to Australia, Rachel spent almost two years working in the offices of Cameron Mackintosh, and saw what it takes to make musicals such as Les Miserables, Mary Poppins and Phantom of the Opera a success.
All of Rachel’s performance, teaching and education experience provides her with a sound basis to pass her knowledge and wealth of experience on to her students.
• LASALLE College of the Arts – Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Musical Theatre – Graduated with First Class Honours
• Classical Singing – Grade 6 (AMEB)
• Musical Theatre – Grade 6 (Trinity Guildhall)
• Piano – Grade 6 (AMEB)
• ‘Making It On Broadway Summer Intensive’ (New York 2014) – Workshopped with Kelli O’Hara
• Applebox Kids (Sydney) – Drama and Musical Theatre Teacher
• Brightsparks Co. (Sydney) – Glee and Musical Theatre Teacher
• LASALLE College of the Arts (Singapore) – Singing and Sight Singing Teacher
• Jazz Cats (Singapore) – Tap, Ballet and Jazz Teacher
• Freelance Piano and Singing Teaching (Singapore)
• Star Power Studios (Sydney) – Singing and Drama Teacher
• Young Entertainer of the Year – Variety Heart Awards
• Nomination for Encore – HSC Music Extension Performance
Musical TheatreLASALLE College of the Arts
2016 - 2016
- Working with Children Check (Reference No.: WWC0882006E, Expiry Date: 08/01/2016)
Coaching and development available
• Guidance and tutoring for the various examinations available through the Australian Music Examination Board can be provided should you or your child be looking to further your training.
• Assisting with preparation for performance for HSC students singing for the HSC Music performance can be provided to hone your performance and achieve the highest possible result.
• If you have an upcoming performance or audition you need to prepare for, Performance Coaching can be provided to help you in being completely prepared.
• Eisteddfods are a great way to practice performing and receive constructive feedback. Should you or your child be wishing to push yourself further as a performer, guidance and training for Eisteddfods can be provided.
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
- Lesson Language:
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Rachel.
- Bexley, NSW 2207