- Masters Degree in Popular Vocals (Distinction).
- Qualified Music Teacher
- 15 years experience teaching in London, UK & writing vocal courses for Tech Music Schools, West London University and The Academy of Music & Sound
- Head of vocals for The Academy of Music and Sound for several years.
- 25 years experience as a voice teacher, performer and songwriter,
- Run masterclasses and healing voice workshops around the UK
- Private tutor in schools and universities & colleges throughout Australia, England and Scotland.
FURTHER TRAINING AND TEACHING INFLUENCES
Training and experience in various popular voice teaching methods have influenced Karen's personal teaching style. She draws from a large range of vocal exercises and 'tricks' to help free the voice with ease and confidence, such as:
Estill Voice Training System
Speech Level Singing
Various Yoga traditions, Ki Gong, Tai Chi
Acting and Improvisation skills training
Comprehensive knowledge of healthy living, nutrition etc.
Colour training as Aura Soma practitioner
Sound Therapy Training
Everybody can sing, and everybody can learn to sing better. Lessons go from beginner level through to advanced professionals. Lessons take place at the keyboard, and all musical styles except Opera are taught, from Pop to Metal, from light Jazz to R&B, from Punk to Musicals, from Rock to New Age, From Blues to Dance. Backing tracks are also supplied for stylistic and repertoire training.
Singing lessons cover all aspects of voice development, depending on student's needs, such as:
beginner to advanced techniques
singing with power
developing vocal range
developing vocal agility
timing, rhythm and phrasing
posture for optimal singing
release of tension
sight singing skills (if desired)
Students can also opt to learn the following additional skills: songwriting, keyboard playing, sight singing, midi skills, general theory and musicianship.
LIVE & STUDIO EXPERIENCE
Karen has worked in most areas of the music industry. She sings many different genres including: pop, rock, jazz, musical theatre, new age, soul, disco, R&B, blues, experimental, dance, indie, light classical, choral, funk etc.
- Numerous bands, duos, solo work & jazz choirs.
- Venues: live television, auditoriums, theatres, music festivals, concert halls, entertainment centres, convention centres, outdoor events, pubs and nightclubs.
- Support act to international acts at concert venues
- Session vocalist in recording studios for jingles, bands, television sound tracks
- Record deal with Polydor Records, Australia.
ARTISTS KAREN HAS WORKED WITH or SUPPORTED
Don Walker from Cold Chisel
John Verity from Argent
Ross Wilson from Mondo rock
MMus (Pop Vocal Performance)West London University
2008 - 2009
Dip T Mus (Primary)Magill
1982 - 1985
$15 discount on a 30 min first lesson / A $30 discount on a 60 min first lesson.
A $15 discount on a 30 min first lesson.
A $30 discount on a 60 min first lesson.
A 10% discount for block bookings paid in advance. (A block is 4 lessons)
Promotion End On 28/08/2016
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
- Lesson Language:
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Karen.
- Crabbes Creek, NSW 2483