$25 half-hour lessons or $45 hour-long lessons at my residence in Reservoir (easy access by public transport). I'm happy to travel to you at another location, although my fee may increase.
I have over 5 years teaching experience (private tuition and primary-school band camps) with students of all levels of ability and ages; from 8 to mid-40's. I'm easy-going, flexible and able to adjust lessons to the needs of each individual.
For detailed information see bio below:
Ben has over 10 years experience gigging, recording and touring as a bassist, although it's been 17 years since he first started learning music.
Over the years, he has performed with some renowned musicians (including Julia Stone), produced and recorded on numerous EP's and albums, and toured nationally and internationally with bands and ensembles, including the following highlights:
- Falls Festival 2018
- Gig on the Green festival (Jakarta, Indonesia) 2017
- Mullum Music festival 2016 & 2017
- Surfing the Coldstream festival 2016
- Bello Winter Music festival 2016
- finalists of the National Band Competition [Ladyslug] 2016
- Australian east-coast & rural tours 2014-2016
- Woodford Folk Festival - 2014
- TEDx presentation 2014
- Splendour in the Grass festival - 2014
- Northern Sydney Symphonic Wind Ensemble - New Zealand north-island tour 2012
...and many more.
In 2015 he received his Bachelor in Contemporary Music majoring in Education and Performance (Southern Cross University), and previously completed a certificate III in Live Production, Theatre and Events (Technical Operations). Through 2012, Ben was employed as an Orchestral Manager for the Northern Sydney Symphonic Wind Ensemble.
Through this formal education, employment and practice Ben has developed a strong network from Brisbane QLD to the Northern Rivers NSW and from Sydney to Melbourne. His understanding of music theory, the music industry and its practices, music technology, live performance vs studios and the role of the bassist allows him to teach the concepts of music in context and with foresight and consideration to the positions students may find themselves in in the future.
Please don't hesitate to contact me in any way with any queries.
Bachelor of Contemporary MusicSouthern Cross University
2013 - 2015
Learn the electric bass guitar:
- develop technique and knowledge through songs and exercises.
- receive experienced guidance and advice on the role of the bass guitar in various band settings, music theory, practice, technology, band management and the broader Australian and international music industries.
Learn music theory from an experienced music-nerd:
In 2015 I received my Bachelor in Contemporary Music majoring in Education and Performance (Southern Cross University), and previously completed a certificate III in Live Production, Theatre and Events (Technical Operations). Through 2012, I was employed as an Orchestral Manager for the Northern Sydney Symphonic Wind Ensemble.
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
- Lesson Language:
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Ben.
- Reservoir, VIC 3073