A brief description of my approach to teaching:
• My lessons are fun! Learning should be fun.
• I love teaching. I have a passion for it, which means I’m not just skilled at it but I also care about doing it skilfully!
• I am knowledgeable in a wide range of disciplines, broadly speaking the humanities, and specialised in visual art, history, philosophy and politics.
• I have high computer and internet literacy and I'm more than comfortable with online tutoring.
• I am compassionate. I put the student at the centre of learning.
• I am respectful of difference and diversity in my students.
• I encourage feedback from students (what worked well, what could change).
• I understand institutions, how they work and how students can work within them successfully.
• I have experience working with students with a disability.
• I can support International students and/or students whose first language is other than English.
I have been a tutor at the University of Queensland, Griffith University, a Teacher Aide at several High Schools and a private tutor for High School students in English literature. I currently tutor students at Griffith University studying a Bachelor of Fine Art and Contemporary Australian Indigenous art.
My qualifications include a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Queensland College of Art, Griffith University, Mar 2016 – Nov 2020, GPA: 6.5 of 7), a Bachelor of Social Science (University of Queensland, Mar 2007 – Nov 2013, GPA: 7 of 7), and a Diploma of Visual Arts (TAFE Queensland, Jul 2014 – 2015).
Awards I’ve received include the Bonnie English Memorial Art Theory Award 2019, Griffith Award for Academic Excellence 2018 and 2019, Warren Braxton Bannister Academic Scholarship 2013, Dean’s Commendation for High Achievement 2007, 2019, 2011, and 2012.
My teaching style is student-centered, empathic, and relationship-based. I build rapport with my students, which creates a safe container for successful learning. I draw on a range of teaching and learning philosophies and approaches and adapt to the needs of each individual student. I would describe my approach as strengths-based, intellectual, conversational, and creative. As well as dynamic, encouraging and fun!
Bachelor of Fine ArtsGriffith University
2016 - 2020(In Progress)
Diploma of Visual ArtsTAFE Queensland
2014 - 2015
Bachelor of Social ScienceUniversity of Queensland
2009 - 2014
- Working with Children Check (Reference No.: Upon Request)
- Police Check (Reference No.: Upon Request)
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Clare.
- Newstead, QLD 4006