My name is Gloria Kaneko, owner and head tutor of the Kaneko Japanese Academy.
I am a qualified and experienced Japanese tutor with over 17 years of teaching and tutoring experience in Australia, and have built a reputation as Sydney's premier high school and HSC Japanese language tutor.
I specialise in teaching Japanese for HSC and high school, and for IB Diploma Programme and Middle Years Programme as well.
I have been very successful in helping many of my students achieve marks of 90% and over, and achieving Top 5 placings in NSW in the HSC.
I thoroughly teach all aspects of Japanese language personally and provide many examples to help students gain a strong understanding and pick up the language very rapidly.
My classes are conducted in a very unique style, where students are also given plenty of direct interaction one-on-one with their own dedicated native Japanese speaking assistant tutor whenever possible.
I have a vast array of resources, including listening CDs, texts and past exam papers to help students prepare thoroughly for exams and excel in their results.
My lesson structure and approach to teaching has been developed and fine-tuned over 17 years and has been proven to be both highly effective and lots of fun for students.
I strive to provide the very best resources and lessons to help my students overcome difficulties and accelerate their learning.
My mission is to achieve the best possible results for my students and allow them to reach their fullest potential, while enjoying the process along the way.
- All lessons follow the school syllabus, yet are personalized to each student's specific needs.
- Attention is given to exams and assessment tasks.
- Students are motivated and encouraged to proactively learn at their own speed.
- Regular practice and homework materials are supplied to reinforce all concepts learned in the lessons.
- Study and exam techniques are studied to help students overcome stress.
Kaneko Japanese Academy is located in Sydney, however all our lessons are taught online so we accept students from anywhere in NSW for high school/HSC tutoring and anywhere in the world for IB tutoring.
* Private Japanese language tutor for NSW high school, HSC and IB for over 17 years.
* Taught Japanese at 6 Sydney high schools.
* Graduate certificate in teaching Languages Other Than English (LOTE) - Japanese (University of NSW Institute of Languages)
* Diploma in Clinical Psychology (University of Meisei, Tokyo, Japan)
* Native Japanese speaker
* Fluent in English and Korean
Visit our website to learn more about our lessons and read feedback and comments from past students.
Graduate certificate in teaching Languages Other Than English (LOTE) - JapaneseUniversity of NSW Institute of Languages
2001 - 2001
- Working with Children Check (Reference No.: WWC1816835E, Expiry Date: 28/12/2023)
Lesson rates vary depending on the year and/or level of Japanese you are studying and the lesson duration (1 hour, 90 minutes, or 2 hours).
Please contact us for a quote on your Japanese tutoring requirements. You will find us very friendly, informative and helpful - and definitely not pushy!
- Lesson Type:
- One to One
- In Group
Start a chat now if you have any blog post topic for Gloria.
- Sydney, NSW 2000